Skip to main content

7 Things you must have for MTB ride

We all love riding and most of the time ride are really fun. But the trails can be really unpredictable and things can go wrong in just fraction of a second. There are the list if things that I think you must have during a mountain bike ride.



1.  Spare tubes:

"Hey! Watch this!" High-speed descents through rock gardens and jumps with flat run-outs are notorious for pinching tubes. Caring a spare tubes can never go wrong. You will never know when you will get a flat tube and trust me you don't wanna be the one who is holding the group behind. 

2. Tire pump:

Caring a spare tube with out a pump is pretty much worthless. You can also carry a CO2 can but in context of Nepal it is not found so easily and its quite expensive for average rider. If you are riding in a group you may share a pump.

3. Multi-tool:

Never leave home without a good multi-tool. I always opt for a multi-tool with a built-in chain tool, a T25 torx, flathead and Philips screwdrivers, and at least 2.5 3,4,5,6 and 8mm Allen keys, and the most common spoke tool sizes. The Crankbrothers multi-tool shown here is good; a multi-tool that also has a built in pair of pliers and wire cutters is even better.

4. Packable rain jacket: 

Weather can be unpredictable, particularly in the mountains. A lightweight, packable shell will keep your core dry and warm should you encounter a sudden downpour.

5. Phone:

Smartphones can do a lot of things but the most important function is the ability to phone home in case of an emergency. Consider carrying a SPOT or a similar beacon if you're venturing beyond the reach of cell service.

6. Money:

Money, that stuff that makes the world go 'round, can also make your bike go 'round. Dollars, Pounds or Pesos — carry the coin of your realm (in paper form) in your pack.

7. First Aid:

A small first aid kit in a waterproof package is a must. Bandages, gauze, disinfecting wipes and tweezers are all items to include in your kit. Like the tools in this list, a first-aid kit is only useful if you know how to use it — a basic understanding of first aid and CPR may come in handy.

This is my top 7 things that you must carry for an epic ride. Have fun! keep riding!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fat Bikes

You may see a odd looking mountain bike with really big fat wheel in the streets of Kathmandu in last couple of years. Those bike are known as fat bikes. So let's talk about that. According to Wikipedia "A fatbike (also called fat bike or fat-tire bike) is an off-road bicycle with oversized tires, typically 3.8 in (97 mm) or larger and rims 2.6 in (66 mm) or wider, designed for low ground pressure to allow riding on soft unstable terrain, such as snow, sand, bogs and mud." Personally I haven't rode a fat bike on the trails (if anyone wants to give me a bike for a test ride you can always contact me) but I have taken it for a short test ride. I was a really different experience. Those huge wheels were really difficult to more forward from the neutral position. But once it started to roll it down it was much easier than it was imagined. We would roll really low on PSI because of the huge tire. I will post the full review once I get more time to spent on it.

"Confession of a Cyclist"

"Riding for me is all about Pushing the Limit of my body." Everybody has passion for something for me it's all about riding my bike. Everything started when I got my first cycle at the age of 5. It didn't take me time to remove my training wheels and ride the freedom of two wheels. Time flowed like a river and my first bike was no longer my only ride. I got my first real mountain bike. It was a really a tough time of my life. I was going through mental break down and only thing that hold me together was my ride. Day by day push myself little header to cross my limit. That satisfaction you get after conquering the hill and trill you get while shredding the downhill can't be compared. Going down through those raw and untouched nature, risking you life in unknown hills. With every hill you conquer, with every ride you go longer you feel different kind of satisfaction with in yourself. Balancing in the most raw trails and trying until you win it. Endi

Wheel Size | 26 vs 29

Wheel Size one of the most talked topic in biking community. 26 inch or 27.5 inch or 29 inch which one is the best wheel size? Lets talk about that. PC: Google.com 26 inch: It wasn't long time before when 26 was the only wheel option for the mountain biking universe. Whether riding cross country, enduro, downhill or any other variant of the sport, everyone was riding 26-inch wheels. Riding this wheel size has very its only advantage with their smaller diameter and shorter spokes, all else being equal, a 26-inch wheel will be stronger than a 650B or 29er. he smallest of the big three wheel sizes is the lightest, too, which makes for snappier acceleration. 29 inch: 29er mountain bikes became a popular alternative as they offered multiple advantages over the  then standard 26" mountain bike.  The larger wheels on a 29er gives the rider the ability to reach a higher top end speed.  They also improve overall traction with their larger footprint and they roll over ob